
Did you know that you can successfully keep a potato bug...aka...roly poly...aka...pillbug...aka...whatever else they're called, alive for more than a few days?
Did you know that you can successfully breed said creature in captivity?
Did you know that baby potato bugs are tiny little white almost translucent creatures?
Yes we are the proud owners of baby potato bugs. Madelyn and Ethan brought home a little cup with seeds in it from a school activity back in May. Well Madelyn's didn't really grow anything so it was then converted to a home for 4 lovely potato bugs. That was over a month ago and they are still kickin'. This morning we took a peek at them and low and behold we saw a bunch of little bug munchkins! Who knew?! Here's a pretty bad photo of the bugs (guess I need to brush up on my bug photography skills). My camera lens didn't want to focus that close and when I realized how blurry it was the little bugs were burrowed in the dirt again. They are the little white things you see in the picture. There are more burrowed. Well I'm off, I think I have something crawling on me...
P.S. Did you know that ladybugs are natural enemies to these bugs?
2 comments:
you are such a good mom to let these bugs grow and raise in your home! did you know???
My kids love these bugs, and I never knew. I don't think i should tell or I might have a cup full like you!
Post a Comment