A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.
-Maya Angelou

Monday, January 5, 2009

Baptism Day!

Madelyn was baptized on Saturday! She looked so beautiful in white. We had a few minor glitches in the day but overall it was a great day. I realized right before Madelyn was going to go into the baptismal font that I had left the card to my camera in the computer at home so the pictures I had been taking weren't really there. I had to find someone with a camera to take a picture before she was baptized. There were two other girls getting baptized at that time so they were waiting for us. I can't believe I did that. O-well, we did get a picture. It really made me think of my baptism since she was baptized in the exact same font that I was. She was so excited and nervous. After she was baptized she kept saying "that was kind of awesome mom, that was kind of awesome." Oh and Jenna gave the talk on baptism for us and she did a great job. Thank you Jenna! Afterwards we celebrated her birthday and baptism with some cake and ice cream. What a great way to start the new year!





Madelyn wanted her hair in french braids. I hadn't braided her hair like that in ages, since it's been short. I tried it a few days ago and it went ok so I decided to give it a try. It did add a little stress to the morning since I had to start over about 4 or 5 times (I'm not very good) but eventually it all worked out and was nice for after she was baptized.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

What a pretty girl! In the same weekend your little girl was baptized in white mine was blessed in white. Thats kind of fun.
You did a great job on her hair.

That is cool that you were both baptized in the same font.

I love your project 365 idea. I am looking forward to your year.

Haylee looks great in her photos. My poor Bailey has some serious hip problems and is slowing down. How are Haylee's hips?

Yes I agree we do need to go to lunch soon!! maybe martin luther king day?

niki said...

She looked beautiful! It is a good thing you figured out that there wasn't a card before the day was all over!!!